Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:04:56 +0530
From:      Pranav Peshwe <pranavpeshwe@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   KTR not working !!

Hello,
         I recompiled the kernel with KTR (4) support.But i could find
the logged messages nowhere ! When i use 'ktrdump' on the console ,the
ouput is :

index  trace
------ -----

When i try to view the logging from DDB by issuing 'show ktr', only a
message saying  '--- End of trace buffer ---'  is displayed.

I paste a portion (related to debugging options) of the config file i
used, to recompile the kernel.

#-----
options =09KTR=09=09=09=09
options =09KTR_ENTRIES=3D8192
options =09KTR_VERBOSE

options=09=09INVARIANTS
options =09INVARIANT_SUPPORT
options =09WITNESS=09=09=09=09=09=09
options =09WITNESS_KDB

options         KDB
options         KDB_TRACE
options         DDB
options         GDB
options=09BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
#-----

   Am i missing something very important ? How can i view the
information logged by the various CTR[0-5] macros used in the kernel
source ?

TIA.

Regards,
Pranav

Heisenberg is out for a drive when he's stopped by a traffic cop.
The cop says: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Heisenberg replies: "No,but I know where I am"