Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:40:02 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Thomas Kempka <t.kempka@web.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600e  interrupt storm

list@understudy.net wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have loaded FreeBSD 5.3 on my Thinkpad 600e. However I am getting two errors
> on boot up that concern me.
> Interrupt storm detected on "irq10: pcic1"; throttling  interrupt source
> and
> Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: pcic0 uhci0"; throttling  interrupt source
>
> I have been through google and not found a workable solution to removing the
> errors. If anyone has an answer could you share it please.
>
> Sincerely,
> Brendhan

Hi,

same problem here with FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #3: Wed Feb  2 22:10:19 CET
2005.

The throtteling of the interrupt source leads to an exterme slowdown
(e.g. 100 kB/s instead of 2.5MB/s on xl) of cardbus devices
(3com 3CCFE575BT and Linksys WPC11 v2.0 tested). This error only appears
if I enable acpi (apm is disabled then).

Since suspend and hibernate do not seem to work with apm on the TP 600e
in RELENG_5 (system freezes, but working on RELENG_5_2) it would be
nice if the interrupt throtteling could be fixed.

Greets,

Thomas Kempka

--
Thomas Kempka