Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2020 11:48:13 -0400
From:      D'Arcy Cain <darcy@druid.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting Radeon graphics card to work

--21vLZovgP4Qg39NCBoiea9NGXfC0q6Roq

--l1V3m1BFZysLZIAAKsxYtt9GlF6FaRwy0

I am getting "Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for a=
ll
framebuffer devices" on my new laptop.  I search the net but none of the
suggestions seem to help.  I am running 12.1-RELEASE-p8.  Here is what
"pciconf -lv" says:

vgapci0@pci0:3:0:0:     class=3D0x030000 card=3D0x18211043 chip=3D0x15d81=
002
rev=3D0xc4 hdr=3D0x00
    vendor     =3D 'Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]'
    device     =3D 'Picasso'
    class      =3D display
    subclass   =3D VGA

Here is what I see in dmesg:

[drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx   (2595.20-MHz K8-clas=
s CPU)

I tried adding this to /usr/local/share/pciids/pci.ids but I don't know w=
hat
to put for the subdevice.  I tried just putting zeroes but that didn't
change anything:

    15d8  Picasso
        1002 0000  Asus VivoBook
        103c 8615  Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx
        17aa 5124  ThinkPad E595

I have tried kldloading radeonkms, i915kms and amdgpu.  I believe it is t=
hat
last one that I need but none of them helped.

Can anyone tell me if this arrangement should be able to work?

--=20
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.
IM: darcy@VybeNetworks.com, VoIP: sip:darcy@druid.net

Disclaimer: By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you
are agreeing that:

1.  I am by definition, "the intended recipient".
2.  All information in the email is mine to do with as I see
    fit and make such financial profit, political mileage, or
    good joke as it lends itself to. In particular, I may quote
    it where I please.
3.  I may take the contents as representing the views of
    your company if I so wish.
4.  This overrides any disclaimer or statement of
    confidentiality that may be included or implied in
    your message.