Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2018 13:31:09 -0400
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL 1.1.1 Update report (ongoing)

--l3gXiGfzTHG8RT3WbqFNdISn8U2t8u5Fq
From: Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org

--yzzNfzBs7a8ms4EzBWDYNOs9jYQhyy7fL

More:

* ImageMagick (unrelated to OpenSSL 1.1.1): This fails with the OpenMP
option ticked, due to trying to link with the base ld.  Can be fixed by
setting CC, CXX, LD to a port-installed clang, clang++, lld.  The port
should probably do this automatically.

* compat-linux-c7-base had a signal 11 when creating a package, which
could be ignored without any apparent problem.  Might be related.

* evolution-data-server: build process apparently ends up linking
against installed evolution libs.  This led to a build failure, due to
missing libssl.so.8.  Trying to deinstall then reinstall.

Currently a little over halfway through.