Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:48:09 -0500
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail CLIENT_OPTIONS

Hello, folks -

I am setting up the sendmail on my 7.2-STABLE system, and I cannot get
it to listen to my live server address besides the localhost.

I've added
                           CLIENT_OPTIONS(`Family=inet,
Addr=64.156.192.103, Name=MTA')dnl

directly above the DAEMON_OPTIONS lines (after the FEATUREs),
recompiled with make -C, and copied the domain-specific cf to
sendmail.cf.

I've reviewed the old docs on /usr/share/sendmail/cf and the newer
ones on /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf that were referenced in the
manual.

Sendmail starts correctly, so the m4 compilation was successful, but
it is still only listening on 127.0.0.1:25 according to netstat -atn.

This seems to be more of a newbie issue than a STABLE issue, but
please correct me if I'm wrong. I just updated to fix the null issue,
but I don't see anything in either UPDATING file. If you need more
configs, please forgive me for not including them. No other changes
have been made to the mc file.

Thanks in advance! :D

--
-- Don Wilde