Date:      Mon, 01 Feb 1999 13:21:20 +0900
From:      doug@inJapan.net (Doug)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot.flp too large (revisited)

I want to thank people who responded to my question about "boot.flp"
being too large to fit on a floppy when using fdimage to create an
install floppy.

However, boot.flp is still too large.

I really do think I am downloading the file as binary. I am using
Netscape Communicator 4.06, right-clicking on the boot.flp file and
saving it as a file. However, it gets saved just a bit larger than the
floppy size so fdimage won't work.

I have used the same method to download other binary files, such as
QuickTime from the Apple Site (also an ftp:// link) and after downloading
the executable runs just fine and QuickTime installs on the NT machine I
am using.

I even tried changing the name of boot.flp to boot.exe (and then renaming
it back to boot.flp after downloading) just in case the extension was
somehow causing Netscape's FTP protocol to not download the file as
binary.

My question is - are you *really sure* that the current boot.flp is not
too large?

The file size appears to be 1,479,365 bytes. What should it be if I
downloaded it correctly?

Thanks,

Doug Lerner, Tokyo
doug@inJapan.net