Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2020 10:53:18 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+t@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?T=c4=b3l_Coosemans?= <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: glxinfo works, /compat/linux/usr/bin/glxinfo - does not

On 17.06.20 08:11, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> The Linux graphics stack has switched to libglvnd while the FreeBSD
> stack has not so I don't know if Linux libglvnd can figure which
> stack, mesa or nvidia, it has to load. Try deleting
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libGLX_system.so.0 or making it a symlink to
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libGLX_nvidia.so.0 or try deleting linux-c7-dri
> package.

Ok, that seems like the root of the problem indeed:

    /compat/linux/usr/lib/libGLX_system.so.0 -> libGLX_*mesa*.so.0

Unfortunately, deinstalling linux-c7-dri, also deinstalled the
linux-c7-glx-utils, which had to be reinstalled with NO_DEPENDS=yes to
avoid dragging in the Mesa stuff again (which must be, what created the
above link to GLX_mesa in the first place)...

Finally, the symlink-manipulations had to be repeated in
/compat/linux/usr/lib*64* as well (why do linux-c7-/foo/ ports even
bother with 32-bit binaries on amd64?) -- but now both native and Linux
glxinfo binaries work here, and there is much rejoicing. Thank you!

Should I file bug-report(s) for any of this? Yours,

    -mi