Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 01:12:24 +0100
From:      Dave <xtalsinger@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Simultaneous 'make install' s?

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:30:56 -0400, you wrote:

>Is it safe to run 'make install' on several packages in /usr/port/ at
>the same time?
>
>For example, if I want to build /usr/port/mail/thunderbird and
>/usr/port/java/jdk14 at the same time, will they collide?
>
>Or is it better to just install software one-by-one?

It depends (pun INtended <g>)

I'd say do them one at a time.  If you install two ports which have one or
more dependancies in common, both might try to install it.  This might
cause problems.  Then again, it might not.  I've not been brave enough to
try it.

Dave

--
Any speling misteaks are the reult of a bad insallation of mod_spelink.