Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2012 17:37:28 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg (aka pkgng) 1.0 released

--------------enig8E2AEB4EFF57E59471BCAA43

On 30/08/2012 16:19, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> Since Julien Laffaye and I started pkgng lots of things has happened an=
d here we
> are now.
>=20
> After 2 years of development (first commit "Tue Sep 7 2010"), more than=
 2000
> commits, 43 different contibutors.  The pkgng team is proud to release =
pkg-1.0!

Hi,

It looks like the pkg port installs pkg.conf.sample with the line:

PACKAGESITE         : http://pkg.freebsd.org/${ABI}/latest

=2E.. which is finally a good step in the direction of making pkgng
working by default, except that the "pkg.freebsd.org" site doesn't exist
in DNS. Instead, pkgbeta.freebsd.org still exists. I suppose one should
be a DNS CNAME for the other?