Date:      29 Feb 2000 10:20:53 -0800
From:      EKR <ekr@rtfm.com>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        Clifton Royston <cliftonr@lava.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble installing xpdf port in 3.4-stable

Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET> writes:

> Yes, I think this could be done providing the host exporting the crypto is
> in a slightly more free country like Canada. I'm sure our Canadian users
> would be happy to aide in this, I'd be willing to host a crypto dist here
> in Montreal (on uunet).
The US government has essentially lifted all crypto export controls
on Open Source software. There's no longer any problem with
exporting strong crypto.

All that is required is that you provide BXA a pointer to the
web site when the crypto is first posted.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr@rtfm.com]
          PureTLS - free SSLv3/TLS software for Java