Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:48:20 -0400
From:      Matthew Patton <patton@sysnet.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   living without PROCFS

Is there any way to eliminate the use of procfs from -current? I discovered
what happens when you leave it out of the kernel config file. Or is /proc a
really useful device that is for now and forevermore "standard"? It used to
be, that there existed all sorts of security problems with PROCFS. Notably
on slowaris.

--------
"If I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the 20th
Century, here too I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy
than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God."
  - Aleksander Solzhenitsyn