Date:      Thu, 09 Jun 2016 23:13:24 +0200
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@vfemail.net>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox 47.0 hangs when accessing cnn.com

--=-=-=

Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com> writes:

> I updated my firefox 46.0.1 to 47.0_1.1 yesterday (Sunday) and now when I go
> out to cnn.com it hangs, eventually putting up a dialog box telling me that a
> script has stop working (or something similar). Nothing I've tried so far
> seems to help and I wind up having to kill firefox.

Does firefox print anything on terminal or in ~/.xsession-errors ? Check
about:addons for possible culprits (plugins[1], extensions, user scripts).
Try running firefox with an empty profile. Maybe install NoScript and
gradually enable domains until the hang reappears.

[1] When updating linux- plugins make sure to run

      $ nspluginwrapper -a -v -i

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--