Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 18:25:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      didier@aida.remcomp.fr (Didier Derny)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hard disk problem

Hello

I tried to install FreeBSD-2.0 Release on a IBM DSAS-3540 hard disk
but the installation fails during the second step of the install
process (copy from the cdrom to the hard disk). As I'm already running
FreeBSD-2.0 on a 1Gb Seagate drive, I am absolutely sure that the problem
come from the hard disk.

The installation process (checksum verification) starts and then
FreeBSD conplains that the controller doesn't answer.

Is there any switches (hardware on the disk /or software in FreeBSD)
to avoid this problem.

Didier Derny
didier@aida.remcomp.fr