Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 10:53:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick start installation

Ah, I think I missed the start of this.  I am new to the doc list.

My first take would be that if you are talking about dd instead of
dos's rawrite.exe, tell them to use bs.

   dd if=boot.flp of=/dev/fd0 bs=18k

is pretty darn simple.  On every system I have played with, not
using bs=18k makes the write take so much longer you are sitting
there wondering if something has gone wrong.

I know, assuming that because they are using dd that they know
what you are talking about is a BAD assumption.  Never mind. :)

--
Jan Isley              Heroes have the shelf life of cottage cheese,
jan@bagend.atl.ga.us   and public memory is shorter than Dudley Moore.