Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:22:40 +1000
From:      "Taras M. Dowhaluk" <tarasd@visiondb.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cyclades Cyclom-8Yo

G'day all,

I'm sure someone knows how to get one of these cards to work. I've
had little response from either Cyclades Tech support or my local
supplier. This is my second cyclom-8yo, I sent the first one back for
the exact symptoms that this one is showing. There must be
some magic I have to invoke because I can't believe 2 dud cards.

The freebsd setup side of things was a doddle, I'm having trouble
with CYCTEST.

1. I set the dip switches on the card for IRQ15 and it doesn't matter
what INT setting I use in CYCTEST the card still passes the board
tests. The IRQ test always reports 'Missed IRQs' but no number, so
I'm not sure if its supposed to report 'nnn Misses IRQs' when it
actually misses IRQs.

2. I can't test any ports because CYCTEST reports it can't find any
ports connected. I've connected 2 known working modems and a known
working dumb terminal but I'm sure thats not what CYCTEST means by
connected.

3. The terminal emulation in CYCTEST enables me to toggle DTR on the
modem so it looks like control signals are getting thru but nothing
on TD or RD.

4. Both FreeBSD and NT start the card OK, but all applications will
hang when attempting to output on a cyclom port. FreeBSD reports
bytes entering the output queue but never leaving, then finally the
queue fills.

Anyone advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

regards, taras

Taras M. Dowhaluk
Director - Technical Operations
VisionDB Pty Ltd