Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:53:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      rct@gherkin.sa.wlk.com (Bob_Tracy)
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   projected release date of Gibbs/Adaptec driver?

Back in November, Justin announced an alpha version of an Adaptec-
sponsored (if that's the correct term) driver for the AIC7XXX family.
Since that's the *only* aic7xxx driver that seems to work with my
particular hardware combination (Dell Latitude CPxJ w/APA-1480A) under
Linux, I was wondering how close we are to a release date...  I haven't
seen a lot of feedback on the new driver, which isn't necessarily a bad
thing :-).

You may correctly infer from the above that I've managed to get the new
driver (6.0.9BETA) working with David Hinds' pcmcia-cs package (version
3.1.24).  Support for the new aic7xxx driver will be in pcmcia-cs-3.1.25,
so if the driver file layout is going to change significantly in future
releases, now would be a real good time to say so :-).  For what it's
worth, the patch sets to install the new driver source tree in the Linux
2.4.X source distributions are appreciated.

Thanks for all the good work!!

Sincerely,
--Bob Tracy
rct@frus.com