Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:02:00 +0100
From:      John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        S Lafredo <slafredo@fast.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where do I find Install.bat

S Lafredo <slafredo@fast.net> wrote:

>Section '2.2.1.2. Before Installing from CDROM' of the handbook mentions=
=20
>an 'install.bat' file which I can run from DOS to install FreeBSD 4.3=20
>RELEASE.
>
>Would someone please tell me where to find this file?
>
>I have already searched the CD and FTP sites.

It seems that install.bat hasn't been included on the CDRom since
version 3.  If you can't boot the CD (by altering the BIOS boot order),
try making the two floppies etc. as per section 2.1.1.1.  There's a
good chance your CD drive is supported, else you may have to install
from the internet or from an MSDOS partition.

Good luck
John.