Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:27:02 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solution: Sendmail 8.11.3 on FreeBSD 4.2

"Dan Langille" writes:

| On 14 Mar 2001, at 12:05, Greg Black wrote:
|
| > "Dan Langille" writes:
| >
| > | On 14 Mar 2001, at 11:57, Greg Black wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |

| > |
| > | Perhaps you should install the documentation.
| >
| > I chose something that implied documentation on the sysinstall
| > menu; it didn't install that file.
|
| There is more documentation than what sysinstall gives you.  The
| documentation in question is useful for people who are updating their
| system, say from 4.2-RELEASE to 4.2-STABLE.  Hence the name of
| the file in question.  You don't have that file because you don't need it.

This is the point where we disagree.  The information in this
file is in fact of interest to somebody who does a fresh install
from CD as the simple way to upgrade from an earlier release.
I'm saying that I think this information should be included as
part of any installation, not just in the limited cases that are
the case at present.