Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:31:25 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Lars Engels" <lars.engels@0x20.net>
Cc:        Sergio Lenzi <enigma@k1.com.br>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new port of bonfire

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:21:03 -0500, Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 04:16:05PM -0300, Sergio Lenzi wrote:
>> Hello all..
>>
>> I have made a port of bonfire  http://perso.orange.fr/bonfire/
>> and would like to publish it in the ports collection
>>
>> After reading the ports documentation I
>> found nothing abou publishing it in the ports collection,,,,
>>
>> Can someone, please,   give me a direction on
>> how o publish the port?  or submit it to a commiter????
>
> Hi Sergio!
>
> You have to send it with 'send-pr'. It's described here:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html

We already have bonfire in MC ports.

http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports/sysutils/bonfire/

The reason why we didn't put it in FreeBSD ports tree is that there is no
HAL port, which it exists in MC ports. You will have to talk with ahze
about it. I personal have no idea if it required HAL support or whatever.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)