Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:32:58 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Boris Samorodov" <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [marcuscom] gnome 2.28 + linux apps = SIGSEGV ?

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 04:11:05 -0600, Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I faced a problem with 9-CURRENT and 8-STABLE:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-November/013061.html
>
> Both systems use gnome-2.28 from marcuscom. Can anybody use
> acroread8 with gnome-2.28? (I'm not sure but seems that skype
> and linux-realplayer get SIGSEGV as well.) Other 8-STABLE
> system with gnome from current ports tree works fine.

Interesting.... I can't run linux-opera in MC either. At first, I thought
it might be related w/ security.bsd.map_at_zero and I didn't bother to try
it (by either update RELENG_8 w/ fixes or try this sysctl).

Until your email.... Makes me think that it might be related w/
print/freetype2, because of fontconfig is showing up in your ktrace? Try
to downgrade the freetype2 and see if it helps? It's only thing that I can
think of what change in MC related w/ font stuff, I will need to check in
MC more. In the past, there was problem with linux apps when Linux and
FreeBSD have different version of fontconfig (cache stuff) at the same.
But this isn't in case as fontconfig isn't update or change in MC.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org