Date:      Wed, 12 May 2004 04:22:38 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        lioux@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: gstreamer-plugins-0.8.1

On Wed, 12 May 2004 04:15:36 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 01:54:36 -0700, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:51:58AM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>>> Sometimes, CVSup might didn't remove the file correct.
>>
>> Only in cases of user error, see my other reply.
>
> Not always user error. It's in the 4.7-RELEASE or 4.8-RELEASE errata if
> I remember it correct.

Found it and it's sysinstall's fault.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/errata.html
A file that is a part of the multimedia/gstreamer-plugins port may appear
to have a corrupted filename when the ports collection is installed using
sysinstall(8). This should not affect building the port or installing the
corresponding package. However, it is recommended to rename the file in
question, to prevent problems during any future updates to the installed
ports collection:

# cd /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins/files
# mv patch-gst-libs_ext_ffmpeg_ffmpeg_libavcodec_alpha_simple_i \
patch-gst-libs_ext_ffmpeg_ffmpeg_libavcodec_alpha_simple_idct_alpha.c

Now, I remember why CVSup couldn't find this file. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org