Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:31:47 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PR for deskutils/gnomeblog

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:10:31 +0100, Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 04:52:43PM -0600,
> Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I give up because I am not skill on Python; it looks like gnomeblog
>> isn't
>> flexible to me on path where you want to install. Two ways are to set
>> prefix to /usr/local or hack somewhere in one of script to add path. I
>> will leave it to gnome@freebsd.org team.
>>
>> To save anyone's work if one of you want to change it to
>> share/gnome/gnomeblog. Change from $(pythondir)/gnomeblog to
>> $(datadir)/gnomeblog in Makefile.in and protocols/Makefile.in.
>
> 	I looked at port internals, I just added a line in the
> 	deskutils/gnomeblog/Makefile and it seems to work correcty
> 	(installing in local prefix).
>
> 	,----
> 	|   USE_PYTHON=		yes
> 	| + PREFIX=		${LOCALBASE}
> 	`----
>
> 	I'm not very familiar to ports system but it looks good.
>
> 	Hope this helps.

Not really correct patch, all you have to do is remove the
'USE_X_PREFIX=yes' if you want the prefix to be /usr/local. It really
should be install in share/gnome/gnomeblog with 'USE_X_PREFIX=yes', if you
look at a lot of other gnome apps. However, since you only change it to
${LOCALBASE} and all other files have went to the wrong place such as
icons, *.schemas, *.server, *.xml and etc. Yep, more work to make the
change than just prefix it to /usr/local. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.