Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:47:00 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jon_slivko@simphost.com>, Melon <melon@orangenetwork.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 137/udp

At 12:22 PM -0700 11/30/00, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:
>I know that my response to this e-mail isn't technical, but
>a comment on some of the language used on this mail that I
>am replying to. Apparently, someone out there seems to think
>that all the teen computer users out there are stupid kids.

Please leave the politically-correct posturing off this
list.  The "language" used was perfectly fine.  He did not
in any way insult "all the teen users" anywhere.  He said:

>     > I expect some stupid kids attacked me.
>     > However, is there any exception?

Assuming you were not gratuitously searching for an insult,
all he said was "the people who attacked me were stupid
kids", and not "all kids are stupid, and I think a few
of those kids -- who by definition must be stupid because
I have used the word 'kid' -- have attacked me".

Pulling out the PC police force on such a benign statement
is much more obnoxious than the original statement was.
There was no swearing, no blanket statements of condemnation,
just a comment that the attack seemed to be from some stupid
kids.