Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:38:14 -0800
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   finding "PMake - A Tutorial"

I am running FreeBSD 4.1, in a reasonably vanilla installation.

The make(1) man page suggests that I SEE ALSO "PMake - A Tutorial".
Sure, boss, but where might that be?

   *  There is no man page for "pmake".

   *  Running locate on pmake or PMake yields nothing except the
      .../ports/devel/pmake directory.

   *  http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ doesn't list a PMake tutorial
      and I don't see it (as far as I was willing to step along :-/)
      in "A User's Guide to FreeBSD Programming Tools".

So, where is this beastie?  In desperation, I tried going to the
ports/devel/pmake directory and doing a make.  Looking in the doc
directory, I managed to find a file named tutorial.psc; printing
it, I found that I had the desired tutorial.

I'm not telling you folks about all this _just_ to let you know how
clueless I am; many of you already know that (:-).  Really, I'm
saying that other users might be just as clueless (or even more so)
and might find it useful to have a more descriptive reference to use.

-r
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.cfcl.com/rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com
MacPerl: http://www.macperl.com, http://www.ptf.com/ptf/products/MPPE