Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 15:30:32 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Panic, 'giant not owned' kern_mutex.c:299

I just rebuilt my ppc system last night, and when I try to boot up
off the new kernel I get:

    Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s5
    panic: mutex Giant not owned at /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_mutex.c:299
    KDB: enter: panic
    [thread pid 1 tid 100006 ]
    Stopped at      0x259ae4:       lwz  r11, r1, 0x0
    db>

Do you need more info than that?  The machine did get far enough
along that the USB keyboard is working, so I could type in commands
to the debugger prompt.  I'm going to try a call to doadump(), and
see if that picks up anything.