Date:      17 Nov 1998 11:39:06 +0100
From:      Christoph Haas <ch@adimus.de>
To:        Adam Migus <amigus@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Semi-Historical Note [jasone@canonware.com: Disinvolvement w

Adam Migus <amigus@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> writes:

> I am willing to dedicate my free time to this cause as well as any
> resources I have. My purpose for mailing is to insist that this project
> warrants support and should not die!

And so do I think. But we should (as I read somewhere else) not limit
this port to UltraSPARC only. I have a (at least for me) well equipped
SPARCStation 4 (which uses a 110MHz MicroSPARC = sun4m) that I'm
willing to boot with *BSD and Solaris 7. I'm interested in learning how
to port various BSDs to it (Open, Net and now FreeBSD) and to my Alpha
in my free time, which will not be as much as I would like to have in the next
months. But nevertheless, let's get it going...

> Is there anyone out there that can take an authoritive role in this project?

I'm afraid, but 1) I don't have the necessary experiences and 2) no
time at all (well, nearly...).

	Christoph