Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 2015 19:56:11 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   LibreSSL infects ports, causes problems

It looks like our already complicated situation with base OpenSSL
and ports OpenSSL got even messier with the addition of LibreSSL.
I recently installed security/libressl for the pending net/openntpd
update (*).  Now when I try to pkg delete it again, I get this:

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        libressl-2.1.6
        openntpd-5.7p4,2
        xorg-server-1.14.7_4,1
        git-lite-2.3.5
        mutt-1.5.23_8
        xf86-video-mach64-6.9.4_5
        xf86-video-nv-2.1.20_6
        xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.3_5
        xf86-video-r128-6.9.2_5
        xf86-video-vesa-2.3.3_5
        xf86-input-keyboard-1.8.0_7
        xf86-input-mouse-1.9.0_6
        xf86-video-ati-7.5.0_2
        xf86-video-intel-2.21.15_7
        xorg-drivers-7.7_3
        xorg-7.7_2

Obviously LibreSSL has "infected" various other ports that happened
to be recompiled while it was installed on the system.  I'm glad
that pkg(1) detects this, but the situation is certainly a surprise.
Why did I want to remove LibreSSL, you ask?  Because lang/python27
also picks it up, fails to build the _ssl module due to a missing
RAND_egd(), and finally errors out on install.

*) There is an interoperability problem with LibreSSL and ca_root_nss,
   which causes OpenNTPD's new https constraints feature to fail, which
   is why I haven't updated the net/openntpd yet.