Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 21:52:22 +1200
From:      andrew@squiz.co.nz (Andrew McNaughton)
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Subject:   Re: pidentd problem

>I just noticed today that my identd was not working. And I can't figure
>out why. All the local tests seem to work fine.

>Something has obviously changed I just don't know what.
>Any ideas?

There was some stuff about a DoS in identd on bugtraq in August last year.
Did that get fixed?

Andrew

 The effort to understand the universe is   .   Andrew McNaughton
 one of the very few things that lifts       .    ++64 4 389 6891
 human life above the level of farce,  .    .  andrew@squiz.co.nz
 and gives it some of the grace        .
 of tragedy  -  Steven Weinberg   .     http://www.newsroom.co.nz