Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 16:52:44 -0400
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TekRam DC-390 SCSI controllers - any ideas what chipset?

>Stephen Hocking stands accused of saying:
>>
>> 	I'd love to knwo if they're supported by FreeBSD.
>
>Tekram have FreeBSD drivers on their website 8)
>
>Actually, their cards use either the AMD part (the low end ones) or
>the NCR 875 (the fast/wide/ultra card).
>
>> 	Stephen
>
>--
>]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@gsoft.com.au             [[
>]] Genesis Software                     genesis@gsoft.com.au            [[
>]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile)     0411-222-496   [[
>]] realtime instrument control.         (ph)          +61-8-8267-3493   [[
>]] Unix hardware collector.             "Where are your PEZ?" The Tick  [[

My Tekram DC-390F uses the NCR/Symbios 53c875 chip.  It provides an
internal 50 pin narrow bus, an internal 68 pin ultra-wide pus, and an
external 68 pin ultra-wide bus.  As I undertand it any 2 of the three
busses may have drives attached.  Mine has worked fine for me, however I
haven't been able to verify ultra-wide operation under 2.2.2 (from CD)
since kernels built from CD source don't seem to support the 40 Mbyte/sec
rate (20 Mbyte/sec does work)  I am told however that the latest 2.2.2 cvs
branch (is that STABLE or RELEASE?) and the current branch both do
ultra-wide transfers.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu