Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:13:06 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exctracting stuff from PRs

At 12:08 AM -0800 3/19/99, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Sometimes people submit code in a PR (in fact we encourage this).
> Unfortunately they often include the code as an attachment,
> so it appears in the PR database as some 'encoded' form of data.

When I went to use 'send-pr' for a problem, I was surprised that
send-pr itself does not have a parameter for "sample file" or
some-such.  If it did, then you would have some control of what
format that enclosure arrived in.

I was going to suggest that at the time, but then I thought "Hey, I
could write a sample implementation, and thus I would be doing more
than just asking someone else to do work".  Of course, I only think
of it when I'm *doing* a send-pr, and so far I've never remembered
to actually sit down and write a change to the send-pr script.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute