Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 01:35:19 +1000
From:      Jesse Reynolds <lizst@va.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   fbsd 4.0R killed my fujitsu laptop - well...

Hi

I had a working install of FreeBSD 3.3 Release working on this
Fujitsu Lifebook 735Dx. It was installed on the hard disk within 'dos
partitions', ie without the 'dangerously dedicated' disk option, 'use
entire disk'.

I then backed it up and started installing 4.0-R on it. It booted up
fine from the CD without me having to turn off any drivers. I chose
the 'dangerously dedicated' option, ie allowing it to use the entire
disk.

Unfortunately i think the power was pulled out after the install
'finished' but before it was quit manually...

Anyway, now when finished loading the bios and doing a post it just
says 'read error'.

I've tried completely reinstalling, even going back to having a dos
compatible disk layout, and the boot loader also says 'read error'
after you hit F2.

Does anyone have any clues what I might have done to this poor
machine? I've tried installing 3.4-R on it too and the same result. I
haven't tried 3.3-R again yet.

Cheers

Jesse

--