Date:      Wed, 5 May 2010 15:53:34 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
To:        Lee Shackelford <lee_shackelford@dot.ca.gov>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Magic Jack VOIP telephone

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Lee Shackelford
<lee_shackelford@dot.ca.gov> wrote:

> Good afternoon, FreeBSD enthusiasts. =A0Have any of you attempted to use
> Magic Jack VOIP telephone with an Intel workstation equipped with FreeBSD

Hi there, and sorry to be so blunt.

MagicJack is a piece of crap. The dongle is just an a/d conerter to
plug-in a regular phone, the rest is pure software. I had to throow 2
away because of lack of Linux support and just stuck with Skype who
now BTW offers international SIP services, so I also hooked up Skype +
Asterisk. This means you can purchase Skype phone # and attach it to
your Asterisk and everything in FBSD. No Windoze crappy software.