Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:29:51 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24374: New port: a display-based tetris game

 * From: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>

 *  Very well.  Should I just rename the port, or devise a way (regexp,
 *  patches, or otherwise) to replace all occurrences of the word 'tetris'
 *  in any files fetched?  It seems the other ports mostly prefer the
 *  former; some (most?) even have 'tetris' in their comment and
 *  description.

The complaint was about file names, but changing the contents would be
safer.

 *  I should also note that both OpenBSD and NetBSD come with this game in
 *  the base system.  In fact, this port checks out the sources from
 *  OpenBSD's repository.

Walnut Creek CDROM (who owned the site that was ftp.FreeBSD.org at
that time) got a direct complaint from said company's lawyers.  The
FreeBSD Project agreed to remove all files from its repository that
could cause legal problems so WC can continue mirroring our trees.

-PW