Date:      08 Sep 2000 22:59:03 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports Options Paper

 * From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>

 * I suggest the way forward in this direction would be to actually implement
 * patches and look for any unexepcted problems.
 *
 * But let's try and keep the number of concurrent projects to a minimum
 * since it's only a few of us involved, and probably fewer still who are
 * going to be writing patches - we have the improved versioning system about
 * to go in, it's probably most productive now to actually go and implement
 * one of the remaining ones, instead of talking about them all at once and
 * getting nowhere.
 *
 * I suggest porting NetBSD's wildcard dependency and conflict stuff next.
 * Thats the next step towards an upgrade system.

That sounds like a good way to go.

Satoshi