Date:      05 Feb 2001 09:23:23 -0500
From:      Christopher K Davis <ckd@ckdhr.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel 82550 PRO/100 S card supported at all?

[apologies if I should send this to -hardware instead, most recent
discussion of it I could find in the archives was on -stable though]

My local source of reasonably priced yet reasonable quality PC gear[1]
only seems to have the PRO/100 S available these days, not the older
100+ or 100B fxp cards.  I don't actually care if the crypto stuff is
supported right now; sure, it would be nice to have but AFAIK the NDA
requirements get in the way.

The question is whether 4.2-STABLE will support these as normal fxp
cards.  Last time the topic came up it quickly digressed into a
discussion of UART chip numbering.

If they won't work, recommendations for reasonably priced sources of fxp
cards that will would be appreciated.  These are going into old P5-133s,
so I'd prefer not to spend *too* much more than the machines themselves
are worth!  :-) [They currently have old 10Mb/s 3c509 ISA cards.]

[1] The other places have mostly RealTek based cards-by-the-barrel for $20.

--
Christopher Davis * <ckd-sig@ckdhr.com> * <URL:http://www.ckdhr.com/ckd/>;
Put location information in your DNS! <URL:http://www.ckdhr.com/dns-loc/>;