Date:      08 Apr 1998 11:08:53 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        nik@iii.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Korean Translation of Handbook - Where to start from?

>>>>> "nik" == nik  <nik@iii.co.uk> writes:

Hello,

    nik> [ Note: I'm on restricted keyboard duty for the next week or
    nik> so due to RSI
    > -(, so will be somewhat quieter than normal on the mailing
    > lists. I'm
    nik>   typing this by pecking at the keys with two pens. . . ]

What is RSI?

    >  What is different?  and, if we start translation, what place
    > should I start from?  /usr/doc/handbook or /usr/doc/en/handbook?

    nik> Depends. If you want to start right now then your best bet is
    nik> probably doc/handbook. We can create a doc/kr (is that the
    nik> country code for Korea?)  directory, and you can start
    nik> submitting the translated version using send-pr.

If you made our direcory, it should be doc/ko... (ko is language code,
and kr is country code... like this, in the doc/ja ja is language
code, jp is country code...)

If we completed translation, I'll submit it using send-pr.

    nik> At some point in the future you can then convert it from
    nik> LinuxDoc to DocBook, using the instructions I am writing in
    nik> doc/en/handbook/README.

    nik> Alternatively, you can wait for the conversion to finish, and
    nik> then work from the new handbook. This will be less work
    nik> overall, but will take longer.  How much longer depends on
    nik> the results of my physiotherapy.

    nik> It would probably be better if you started on the FAQ, which
    nik> is not in the same state of flux as the handbook.

Then... We'll start from doc/handbook. FAQ will take longer...
(personally, I think handbook is worth than FAQ)

    >  And, is there some guideline of translation Handbook(and other
    > documents, such as FAQ, manpages, examples) to other languages?

    nik> doc@jp.freebsd.org is the Japanese translation project (I
    nik> think that's the right address) and should be able to offer
    nik> you lots of help.

Thanks for your information. Be Happy!

--
 ----Cool FreeBSD!----MSX Forever!---J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!----