Date:      01 May 1999 13:00:30 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: default route not set up??

Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com> writes:
>     If you set "defaultrouter" in /etc/rc.conf to an ip address,
> I expected that rc.network would
> do a route add default ..., but instead I find that rc.network doesn't
> do anything with the defaultrouter variable except to pass it on to the
> route_default variable, which doesn't seem to be used at all.
>
> What am I missing here???

    # Configure routing

    if [ "x$defaultrouter" != "xNO" ] ; then
            static_routes="default ${static_routes}"    # look here...
            route_default="default ${defaultrouter}"
    fi

    # Set up any static routes.  This should be done before router discovery.
    if [ "x${static_routes}" != "x" ]; then
            for i in ${static_routes}; do               # ...and here
                    eval route_args=\$route_${i}
                    route add ${route_args}
            done
    fi