Date:      Sat, 31 May 2003 02:46:33 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: gcc bug? Openoffice port impossibel to compile on 4.8

Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com> writes:
> On Thursday 29 May 2003 00:12, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > May I remind you that K&R-style declarations have been deprecated for
> > the last 14 years?
> Funny, the last time I looked at a C language specification they were
> still supported.

       6.11.5  Function definitions

       [#1] The use of function definitions with separate parameter
       identifier  and  declaration  lists  (not   prototype-format
       parameter type and identifier declarators) is an obsolescent
       feature.

and "obsolescent feature" is defined as follows in the introduction:

       [#2] Certain features are obsolescent, which means that they
       may be considered for withdrawal in future revisions of this
       International  Standard.  They are retained because of their
       widespread use, but their use in  new  implementations  (for
       implementation  features)  or  new  programs  (for  language
       [6.11] or library features [7.26]) is discouraged.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org