Date:      02 Nov 1998 11:40:56 +0100
From:      sperber@Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO 2.2.7 and D-Link 650 - nogo

>>>>> "Christoph" == Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE> writes:

Christoph> I tried now from the PAO 2.2.7 boot floppy and I'm getting the same
Christoph> ed0 timeout message that I got from my 2.2.7R->2.2.7PAO upgraded
Christoph> system so I suspect some problem with the
Christoph> 2.2.7 ed0 pccard driver for this type of card.

I finally got it to work by installing via floppies and disabling IRQ
5 taken by the soundblaster on my laptop.  (The symptoms were
identical to yours.)  I was not able get the PAO boot floppy to work,
even though I tried disabling pretty much any combination of IRQ's I
could.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike