Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:26:23 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@freebsd.org>, chat@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interesting Comment about Mac OS X

Cocoa, the Objective-C and Java UI library of choice, is based on
NeXTStep/OpenStep with a lot of additional enhancements for multimedia
content delivery (which, as I understand it, NeXT was a little thin on).

The actual 2D/window system layer, Quartz, is an entirely new creation
which is based on PDF rather than NeXT's Display Postscript model.

- Jordan