Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:57:33 -0700
From:      Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>
To:        Summoner <summoner@uswest.net>
Cc:        rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>, ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: First time for my own PC hardware

--------------4E707FA40B7888586A380989

You might also check into Antec:  http://www.antec-inc.com/

We've had a great deal of luck with their cases (we've used them for about 4
years now); rolled edges, no supports in stupid places, reliable and quiet
power supplies, etc.

Hope it helps.

RAB

P.S.  You may or may not want to actually buy from them.  We typically use
their site to locate the case we want (by mfr. prod. #), and then buy through
http://www.buycomp.com  BuyComp.com must simply have NO profit margin on these
cases because we consistently by BELOW manufacturer's list (ie- less than Antec
can - or will - sell them to us for).

Summoner wrote:

> rick hamell wrote:
> >         I've never been happy with Enlight cases personally. They're way
> > to flimsy for me. The power supplies tend to leak a lot of RF also, which
> > interferes with monitors and other computers.
>
> Enlight's a very consumer-directed company.  Their offering of a
> dozen or so different bezel designs is evidence of that.  They cut
> costs by using thin steel and not properly reinforcing it.
>
> >         I use to use only Macase, but they discontinued the style I
> > liked. The replacement style has a chubby front end that sticks out to
> > far for me. Casedge has their LXsomething model (About $49+Shipping from
> > Ark Technologies,) which I'm impressed with. Thick steel, no sharp
> > pieces, it's all smoothed down (and dosen't collect finger prints!) The
> > drive bays snap out and have one screw to fasten them down just in case.
> > Minmaw is also a good brand, but they're a bit more expensive then
> > Casedge. Their one major advantage is that they have a place in front to
> > put a dust filter in front of the case fan.
>
> Macase... I don't suppose there's any relation to Mapower?  Minmaw
> and Casedge are new ones on me, but then I only go looking for a new
> case maker when my current one(s) aren't up to my standards of
> craftsmanship.
>
> Ever try Inwin?

--------------4E707FA40B7888586A380989

begin:vcard
n:Bettle;Roy
tel;work:(949) 452-1203
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.criterion-group.com
org:Criterion Group, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:rbettle@criterion-group.com
title:President
note:Businesses that depend on computers, depend on us.
adr;quoted-printable:;;26895 Aliso Creek Road=0D=0ASuite B404;Aliso Viejo;CA;92656;USA
fn:Bettle, Roy
end:vcard