Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 13:45:05 +0800
From:      Foxfair Hu <foxfair@news.ks.edu.tw>
To:        nik@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: doc/<lang>/books/*, doc/<lang>/articles/*, and docs.freebsd.org

  Hi Nik,

    I had discussed the same structure like you thought in
  our Chinese documentation project few days ago , and
  we all agreed it is a good thought. But I am just very surprised
  at the same idea invoked by another one  after few weeks.
  Which means this structure is really useful and it should be done
  ASAP.

  If no objection, I'll reorganize the doc/zh structure, move  the
  existent (big5) FAQ into doc/zh/big5, and introduce a whole
  new version of FAQ into doc/zh/gb2312, which is encoded by
  GB2312(Simplified Chinese Character). I had finished to test it
  and create the files of both HTML and latin1 formats, looks fine
  and perfect. The GB2312 version of Chinese FAQ was translated by
  ningzhao@163.net. Because of local culture and encoding problem
  , we need to divide these two versions of Chinese FAQ(even the
  readers are all Chinese people) into different directory,  I hope it
  won't confuse anyone in the future.

  I'll try to commit it done before 3.2-RELEASE shows up.(ports tree's
  frozen date  is May 10th, but I don't know the deadline of src tree or
  doc tree ?)

  Cheers,
  -Foxfair