Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:36:33 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Press coverage for FreeBSD

Terry's got good advice, and I'd like to broadcast a request to _all_ of
you who install FreeBSD for corporate clients. We want to begin making a
press barrage to convince Suits and Beancounters and Newsies that
FreeBSD really is a viable operating ssytem choice.

We're currently working with Charles Heinrich on a Manex press release,
Wilfredo Sanchez of Apple, and Paul Richards of Originative Solutions,
who set up Netcraft.com, among others.

What I need you to do is to go to your clients and get permission for us
to talk about their applications and how FreeBSD works for them. We
won't necessarily do separate releases for each company, but each one we
do use will get positive press from our efforts, because we all know
that FreeSBD makes good business sense.

I'll be glad to write the actual releases, what I need from you is
quotable descriptions of what your clients use FreeBSD for. If each
individual client is too small, but you have set up dozens of them,
"interview" yourself for us, and I'll make hay from that.

--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media