Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 09:28:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      <nik@FreeBSD.org>
To:        xaa@dohd.org, nik@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/20117: *printf manpage doesn't document %n

Synopsis: *printf manpage doesn't document %n

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: nik
State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 11 09:27:26 PST 2001
State-Changed-Why:
iMy -current system has this in printf(3)

     n       The number of characters written so far is stored into the inte-
             ger indicated by the ``int *'' (or variant) pointer argument.  No
             argument is converted.

As far as I can see, it's been there forever.

The text is not quite as verbose as some of the suggested replacements,
but I'm wary of lifting text directly from GPLd man pages and putting it
in our base system.

If you think the text isn't clear enough, please suggest a replacement
(ideally, as a patch :-) ), and PR it.  Thanks.