Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:44:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        nicole@nmhtech.com (Nicole Harrington)
Cc:        dpilgrim@uswest.net, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, dlombardo@excite.com, chrisc@vmunix.com
Subject:   Re: Yield to FreeBSD

>  I have to agree with him. It's like "New Coke." Remember how well that went
> over! Bring back the Classic Daemon! A symbol of Power, not of a party life!
>
>  Are we trying to make him look cute and happy to "keep up" with the penguin?
> We are inovators. We should chase no one.

Heh.  This analogy is too funny.  New Coke was just a way for them to
change over from using solid sugar to using liquid high fructose corn
syrup, which was cheaper, and for which the handling equipment has a
much higher MTBF.

I think this probably means two things:

1)	When people go back to drawing the "old chuck", FreeBSD will
	have a higher MTBF.

2)	When people go back to drawing the "old chuck", they will be
	able to use less expensive red markers, and people will be so
	happy about getting the "old chuck" back, they won't notice
	the slightly different color.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---