Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:21:55 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Standard Splash Screen?

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>
> > Anyone here would vote on any of the currently available art for a
> > default boot splash screen? "Real Hackers don't use splash screens"
> > votes also apply. :-)
>
> Real Hackers don't use splash screens
>
> I really like seeing my hardware probed at bootup, perhaps sysinstall
> should have an easy to notice splash selection dialog.

My idea is a "I want a cool splash screen during boot!" checkbox.
Aside from getting a bitmap in the repository for the express
purpose of having a cool splash screen, I think the biggest hurdle
would be that anything choosen is likely to draw criticism.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Well, Windows works, using a loose definition of 'works'..."