Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 14:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ken Thompson on Linux

I posted the text yesterday, but apparently the IEEE has the whole thing
on-line now.  It can be found at
  http://computer.org/computer/thompson.htm

I don't know whether this is the sort of stuff we want to repost (to avoid
the "hey, you're bashing a fellow free-source project!" accusations), but
it's interesting coming from such a well-respected authority.  I wonder
whether his comments would apply to the FreeBSD effort as well.  My guess
is "no", seeing as we've got common (directly descended?  That tree still
confuses the hell out of me) roots.

Enjoy --

SB