Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:05:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Daren Sefcik <daren@rover.sefcik.cc>
To:        dan@jgl.reno.nv.us
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppy Tape support gone from 3.0-STABLE?

On  1 Feb, Dan O'Connor wrote:
> What do I need to do to re-activate my Colorado floppy tape drive?
>
> It was there in 3.0-RELEASE, but after building 3.0-STABLE (elf), it no
> longer exists. I could not find the ft0 device line in LINT or GENERIC, so I
> added the line that I used in 2.2.8,
>
>     tape  ft0 at fdc0 drive 2
>
> but this didn't have any effect.
>
> /dev/ft0a and /dev/r

Hummm...looking at the /usr/src/UPDATEING file..here it is:

19981224:
        The old wcd driver has been deleted from the kernel.  The
        driver that replaces it is named acd.  You'll need to change
        this in your configuration files.

        Failure to do this will result in "ATAPI CD-ROMs not
        configured" at boot time.

        The floppy tape driver (ft) has been removed from the kernel,
        with no replacement driver.