Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:34:22 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble with APM suspend in 5.3-R

> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:51:44 +0300
> From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>

> --GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw
>
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 12:31:38PM -0800, Dave Walton wrote:
> D> It was on, now that you mention it.  Why do you ask?
>
> Can you try the attached patch?
>
> --
> Totus tuus, Glebius.
> GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE

Hmmm. For some time I have been using ACPI on Stable on my ThinkPad T30,
but I thought I should make sure that it still worked with APM and...
I can no longer suspend my system with APM. I enter 'zzz' and get a
return and a prompt with no other messages, and the system is locked up
and requires a system reset and reboot.

While I plan on switching back to ACPI, APM worked for a long time on
this system and really should still work. I recall reports of APM
problems on Stable a while back, but I thought that the problem had been
resolved.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)