Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:16:24 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        James Raftery <jraftery@wrdp.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND 8.2.3 into RELENG_3?

-On [20010129 18:55], James Raftery (jraftery@wrdp.com) wrote:
>> Yes, I will ASAP import/MFC BIND 8.2.3-REL to 4-STABLE and 3-STABLE
>> after my round of testing.  I am also cleaning up the named/named-xfer
>> building which is sort of a hack at the moment.
>
>That's excellent news - thanks!

Due to some source changes and resulting hackery which I am now trying
to clean up I'd advise people to use at least make buildworld for
building the new BIND and not try it by hand unless you know what you
are doing. =-P

This will be fixed ASAP, but getting the security holes fixed is worth
the ignoring the aesthetics for now. :)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          VIA Net.Works The Netherlands
BSD: Technical excellence at its best  Network- and systemadministrator